Sunday 24 April 2011

Beleduc Cat Puzzle

Puzzles are great educational tools. When they have 5 layers and depict the insides of a house cat, they fascinate as well as pose a challenge to young children. I once visited a Montessori nursery for a morning and I was lucky enough to be able to observe the Beleduc Layer Cat puzzle in constant use throughout the three hours that I was there. One little girl in particular spent more than an hour putting it together again and again. She was insatiable! As soon as she put it back on the shelf, it was immediately picked up again by another child.


This experience definitely influenced me into buying it for the children I look after. A decision I don't regret. They like to know the names of the different body parts.

Beleduc make other layered puzzles: fish, frog, butterfly, child,... A great present for a child interested in anatomy.


4 comments:

  1. I love your puzzle. Beleduc has great didactic materials. We have some of their materials in kindergarten.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it's a great toy/tool. The style of drawing is also very child friendly, isn't it, and the subjects quite Montessori as they are close to children's daily lives.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete